Store Manager (fixed-term)
Samuji is a design studio based in Helsinki, Finland. Our ambition is to create sustainable and interesting design with high standards. We produce thoughtful and free-spirited pieces that serve a purpose in the wardrobe. Wearing a Samuji piece we wish one feels confident, relaxed and beautiful.
Samuji’s Head of Design Anne-Mari Pahkala´s approach to design is often collaborative, contributed by freelance designers and artists we admire. At Samuji, sustainability is a deep-rooted commitment – responsibility and love is present in everything we do.
Samuji selection is currently available exclusively through the online store at samuji.com. The warehouse operates in Hämeenlinna, Finland.
Store Manager is responsible for brick-and-mortar shop sales, visual atmosphere and daily operations both shop and online store. The Store Manager takes care of customer service throughout and assists visiting PR professionals with press inquiries and sample loans. The Store Manager ensures that each customer and shop visitor interacting with Samuji gets a warm, high-quality experience in line with the brand.
The job is fixed-term starting immediately and ending on June 30th 2023. The working hours (37,5 h / week) include weekday evenings and Saturday work. The shop will be located in Kruununhaka, Helsinki.
Your main responsibilities are
- to be responsible for the in-store sales and managing inventory.
- to handle customer orders and return traffic for the online store (excluding customer order shipping).
- to deliver excellent customer service in line with the Samuji brand, both online and in-shop.
- to ensure that the shop’s general appearance and atmosphere reflects the Samuji brand.
- to handle daily chores in the shop independently.
- to cooperate with marketing team.
- to manage the sample traffic (PR activities).
- to report and analyse KPIs (together with the team) and to implement development work.
- You have a positive attitude and have a genuinely kind mind.
- You are strongly self-directing and solution-oriented problem solver.
- You have the ability to plan, organise, prioritise and complete your work.
- You have a genuine interest in fashion, culture, sustainability and the Samuji brand.
- You have a desire to develop the operations and you are not afraid to highlight or receive development proposals.
- You have sales and customer service work experience.
- Your language skills include fluent Finnish and excellent English.
- You have an eye for visual storytelling and the capacity to build shop displays in line with the Samuji brand.
- A job in a growing company where values and culture have a big role.
- A company with high standards in everything it creates.
- Open and transparent actions and communication.
- Staff discount.
- Recreation vouchers.
- A fun work place with great colleagues!
Send your CV along with a short 30 sec to 1 minute video presenting yourself or a written description of yourself and a salary request, no later than August 24th 2022.
Your material can be in Finnish or English according to your wishes.
We will arrange job interviews and hire immediately after a suitable person is found.
Contact for questions and sending applications:
Laura Petris-Forsell, Director of Business Operations, email@example.com