Samuji is a design studio based in Helsinki, Finland. We create thoughtful and free-spirited pieces that serve a purpose in the wardrobe. Our ambition is to produce sustainable and interesting design with high standards. Wearing a Samuji piece we wish one feels confident, relaxed and beautiful.
Samuji’s Head of Design is Finnish fashion designer Anne-Mari Pahkala. Our approach to design is often collaborative, contributed by freelance designers and artists we admire. At Samuji, sustainability is a deep-rooted commitment. Responsibility and love is present in everything we do.
The current selection can be found in our online store at Samuji.com and in our warm and atmospheric Samuji Shop in Kruununhaka, Helsinki. Samuji's online store warehouse operates in Hämeenlinna. The current collection is also available from a few carefully selected partners.
Samuji Production Manager manages the collections; scheduling, purchasing and the operational activities of the production. They work closely with Head of Design. They maintain connections with producers, look for new production channels and are responsible for the success of production and logistics. They create and control cost management of the upcoming collections and supervise the implementation of the purchase budget.
The work is carried out in accordance with the defined strategy and the set financial and task-specific goals, as well as the company's values and principles of responsibility.
The work is fixed-term and the start will be agreed separately, however no later than mid-June 2023 and it will end in mid-April 2024. The working hours are 37,5 h / week. The job is a full-time fixed-term job, but can be customised to a part-time position 3-4 days a week. The company office is located in Sörnäinen, Helsinki and remote work is partly possible.
Your key responsibilities are
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating and overseeing all stages of the sampling and manufacturing processes.
- Making sure all processes and operations run smoothly, are cost-effective and delivers products to the brand´s standard and on time.
- Creating and maintaining all production, material and product related data.
- Working with suppliers on a day to day basis to agree on quality standards, prices, delivery times and production issues.
- Planning and monitoring sampling and production schedules and altering them when necessary.
- Planning purchases of upcoming collections and sampling and production budget planning together with the management.
- Working closely with Head of Design and other Samuji team members.
- Reporting to the management.
You have these qualifications
- A positive attitude and have a genuine interest in fashion, culture, sustainability and the Samuji brand.
- The ability to work independently and systematically and have problem-solving ability.
- Understanding of basic garment construction.
- Experience in buying/purchasing processes.
- Experience in production management.
- Experience in technical drawings.
- Excellent skills to plan, organise, prioritise, and complete your work.
- Knowledge of the textile industry and garment production processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Finnish.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and good skills in Adobe Illustrator and Indesign.
- A job in a growing company with high standards in everything and where values and culture play a big role.
- Open and transparent actions and communication.
- Support from team and foreperson.
- Staff discount and recreation vouchers.
- Corporate health management.
- A respected workplace in a pleasant environment with great colleagues!
Take a look at our latest selection.
Get to know Samuji sustainability.
See what we're up to on Instagram.
Send your CV along with a short 30 second to 1 minute video presenting yourself or a written description of yourself and a salary request, no later than May 24th 2023. Your material can be in Finnish or English according to your wishes.
Please note that we organize job interviews and hire as soon as we find a suitable person.
Contact for questions and sending applications:
Laura Petris-Forsell, Director of Business Operations, email@example.com